Welcome to the Westmeath Volunteer Centre
At the Volunteer Centre you can...
- Find out about volunteering opportunities without having to make a commitment.
- Get information on hundreds of different volunteering opportunities.
- Talk to someone on the how, why and where of volunteering.
- Get ongoing support and advice if you want it.
- We don't charge and we keep things confidential.
We also help organisations...
- If you need volunteers we will try and source them for you.
- We can visit you and help with any issues about taking on volunteers for the first time,
or to review current procedures.
- We provide a specialist training services for voluntary organisations on all apsects of volunteering.
- We will come and talk to you about anything to do with volunteering, such as references, good practice, expenses ....and much more.
- We also provide a Garda Vetting service for organisations that dont have garda vetting services of their own.
Who Will We Work With?
Westmeath Volunteer Centre will work with any not-for-proﬁt organisation – this may include charities, community groups, co-operatives and statutory organisations such as health centres, schools, hospitals, etc. We may ask to see your constitution or set of rules to clarify this. We will not seek volunteers for individuals or for for-proﬁt organisations. Westmeath Volunteer Centre serves the needs of organisations operating within the boundaries of Westmeath.
If you would like to hear about some specific volunteering opportunities or if you would just like to hear more about the work of the centres, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- Our Offices are located at: Westmeath Community Development, Mullingar Enterprise, Technology and Innovation Centre, Clonmore, Mullingar, Co Westmeath
Find Local Organisations on our map
Recipient of Quality Standards Award
Member of Volunteer Ireland